PRE-K NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION 2020-2021
Beginning June 15, 2020, parents of Pre-Kindergarten students will be able to pre-register online for the 2020-2021 school year to facilitate staff and campus planning.
To participate in the Pre-Kindergarten Program, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficiency: the child is unable to speak or comprehend the English Language
- Educationally Disadvantaged: the child would be eligible to participate in the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program (based on family’s gross income)
- Homeless: the child is homeless
- Child of an active duty of the Armed Services of the United States
- Child of a member of the Armed Services who was injured or killed while on active duty
- Child has been under the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code;
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Steps to Pre-Register for Pre-Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Beginning June 15, complete the online registration form.
- While Humble ISD campuses are temporarily closed, all documentation will need to be uploaded into the online application before the enrollment process is complete. If you have difficulty uploading documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child’s Proof of Age and Proof of Identity Acceptable Documents (English) Documentos aceptables (español)
- Parent/Guardian’s driver’s license or passport for identification purposes
- Immunization records - must be signed or stamped by the physician or his/her designee or public health personnel (including electronic MyChart records)
- Proof of residency in Humble ISD
- For students residing in a house, the lease, deed, or a current utility (gas, water, electricity) bill will suffice.
- For students residing in an apartment, a lease containing parent and student names or a letter from apartment manager is required.
- If both parent and student live with a relative or friend in Humble ISD whose residence is not an apartment, the parent and the person with whom they reside must submit a notarized Verification of Address affidavit. The required form is available from any Humble ISD campus.
- Eligibility documentation
- Income verification-SNAP documentation, current check stubs stating gross income for last 30 days or unemployment pay stub
- Military disability letter
- Department of Family and Protective Services verification letter
- Please know that all documents must be received and eligibility must be verified before your child’s enrollment is complete. You will be notified of your assigned Pre-Kindergarten campus upon district verification.
- Please know that all registered students must be in attendance the first day of school, August 11, 2020, or they will be dropped from class rosters.
Where does my child go to Pre-Kindergarten?
Pre-K Feeder Schools for 2020-2021 (pdf download)