Spanish Immersion Program
Informational Presentation available now. Please click the arrow on the above slide.
The application window for the Spanish Immersion Program for 2021-2022 has closed.
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students. The goal of Spanish Immersion is to provide a rigorous, cross-curricular, second language enrichment program that empowers students’ learning and literacy capacity in both languages; builds an appreciation of Spanish speaking cultures; and prepares students for college, career and life choices
Application Process Spring 2021
- Application Window: April 5 - April 23
- Screening: May 10 - May 20
- Notification of Acceptance: June 3
- Are you bus eligible?
Watch the Recording of the Application Webinar that was held on March 23, 2021:
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered during the 2021 - 2022 school year?
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- Autumn Creek Elementary- 1st grade
- Bear Branch Elementary- 1st-5th grade
- Centennial Elementary- 1st-3rd grade
- Groves Elementary- 1st-5th grade
- Pine Forest Elementary- 1st-5th grade
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- West Lake Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- Applicant is age appropriate for 1st grade
- English independent level D/6 on a reading assessment tool with appropriate accuracy, fluency, and comprehension
- Watch a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational presentation, and/or attend a webianr to learn about specific details, expectations, and the application process.
- Complete and submit SIP Application and Parent Commitment form online by the deadline.
- Take reading screener within the scheduled timeframe