Spanish Immersion Program
Informational Presentation available now. Please click the arrow on the above slide.
Please continue to visit our site for the most updated information.
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students. The goal of Spanish Immersion is to provide a rigorous, cross-curricular, second language enrichment program that empowers students’ learning and literacy capacity in both languages; builds an appreciation of Spanish speaking cultures; and prepares students for college, career and life choices
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered during the 2020 - 2021 school year?
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- Bear Branch Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Groves Elementary: 1st through 4th grade
- Pine Forest Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Centennial Elementary: 1st through 2nd
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- West Lake Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- First time Kindergarten student
- English independent level D/6 on a reading assessment tool
- Watch a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational presentation to learn about specific details, expectations, and the application process.
- Complete and submit SIP Application and Parent Commitment form online no later than May 15, 2020.
- Link to the SIP Application will be available on this website.