Greetings, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Anitra Meloncon, and I am your students Integrated Physics and Chemistry (IPC) teacher for the 2014-15 school year. It is my pleasure to serve your student and provide the necessary knowledge and skills he/she will need to be successful in future science coursework. I encourage you to access the course snapshot via Humble ISD’s website, and frequently visit the student /parent site to keep abreast of your student’s progress/grades throughout the school year. If you have questions, there are a number of staff members available and ready to help meet the needs of your student. I am available for tutoring on Tuesdays 6:45am-7:15am and Fridays 2:45pm-3:15pm
In order for today's students to become contributing citizens of this rapidly changing, high technology, and interdependent society, every teacher must commit to safe and secure schools in which all students, regardless of background, will achieve and grow. Students must be provided with appropriate and meaningful instruction including a variety of styles and settings to maximize their intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and aesthetic potential. Thus, this is the philosophy of my classroom. I encourage the students to “Stay in the Game”, which in my class means to “stay focused, stay positive, be prepared, be responsible, be engaged, and work hard.”
These additional reminders will help assure that your student will have a smooth year:
1) Respect, Honesty, Integrity, Collaboration, and Safety
2) No food or drink in the classroom
3) Our classroom is a RED Zone. No cell phones or other unapproved technology out during class time without the teacher’s permission.
4) Teacher Detentions: If classroom rules are broken or classroom disruption occurs due to student behavior, he/she will be assigned a 30 minute teacher detention before or after school.
Materials needed for class everyday include:
1) Composition notebook, pocket folder, college rule paper
2) Textbook (class set & online student access)
3) Supply of pencils/pens (blue or black)
4) Formula chart (provided once by teacher)
In addition, you should expect the following grade distributions:
60/40 summative (tests, projects)/formative (homework, quizzes, class assignments, labs)
Work hard, study, complete your assignments and labs, and you will be successful in IPC! I look forward to a successful year with your student.
Call me anytime; I am here to help: 281-641-7774