National Joint Committee on Learning Disabilities (NJCLD) is to provide multi-organizational leadership and resources to optimize outcomes for individuals with learning disabilities.
To pursue its mission, the NJCLD will:
- Facilitate communication, collaboration, and consensus among member organizations.
- Identify and address needs in research, policy, and professional education and development related to learning disabilities.
- Provide an interdisciplinary forum to increase communication and understanding among educational organizations, community, and governmental agencies at the national, state, and local levels.
- Act as an advocate and make recommendations on key issues affecting individuals with learning disabilities.
- Develop and disseminate statements, reports, and other resources in the area of learning disabilities to clarify issues, influence policy, improve practice, and increase knowledge.
(obtained from http://www.ldonline.org/about/partners/njcld#mission)