- News Releases 2020-2021
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
Mask Policy Updated April 22, 2021
On April 22, 2021, the Board of Trustees of Humble ISD voted to update the District’s face covering protocols. The updated protocols make face coverings optional for all elementary school students. Prior to the update, masks were optional for students under 10 and required for students 10 and older. The updated protocols also make face coverings optional for participants at an outdoor event or activity. Outdoor events and activities include recess, outdoor PE, senior picnics, or any other outdoor events or activities.
The updated policy is effective immediately:
Every student, teacher, staff member, and visitor shall wear a mask or face shield over the nose and mouth when on school district property or at a district event wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this mask requirement does not apply to the following:
- Any elementary school student; (updated April 22, 2021)
- Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask;
- Any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated in a dining area to eat or drink;
- Any person while the person is actively exercising or engaging in physical activity;
- Any spectator or participant at an outdoor event or activity; (updated April 22, 2021)
- Any person while the person is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience; or
- Any student while actively participating in an activity where it is impractical to wear a mask or face shield.