April 1, 2021
April 1, 2021
Dear Community Learning Center Families,
We are writing to share that one individual who most recently was on the CLC campus on Tuesday, March 30, has received a positive test for COVID-19. There were no close contacts. All CLC parents and staff are receiving this notice.
The district takes the following actions in the event of positive cases:
- Areas heavily used by the positive test individual are sanitized.
- The individuals with the positive tests will remain off campus until re-entry criteria has been met a.) at least 10 calendar days since symptoms appeared, and b.) at least 24 hours since recovery (for example no fever without meds), and c.) symptoms have significantly improved (cough/shortness of breath). A student who must remain off campus will be an online learner if they feel well for school work.
Humble ISD appreciates everyone’s help in providing the best educational environment through these proactive measures:
- daily self screening for symptoms prior to coming onto campus;
- reporting to the school if one tests positive, comes in close contact with someone who tests positive, or experiences symptoms of COVID-19. Parents of a student who tests positive should complete humbleisd.net/reportcovid19student
- physical distancing; and practicing excellent hand hygiene;
- and following Humble ISD’s mask policy.
Thank you to the family for coming forward to work with our school to keep everyone safe and healthy. Optional, local testing is available for Humble ISD students:
- 24 Hour Covid RT-PCR Laboratory can test Humble ISD students who attend school in-person or virtually. This test is the RT-PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test, which is considered the most reliable test for detecting COVID-19.
- Humble ISD students who attend at least one class on campus are eligible to request a rapid antigen test through the online Student COVID-19 Curbside Test Request Form.
More detailed information on student testing options can be found on the Humble ISD website.