December 15, 2020
December 15, 2020
Dear Community Learning Center Families,
We are writing to share that one individual who most recently was on the Community Learning Center campus on Monday, December 14, has received a positive test for COVID-19. When there is close contact, school administrators individually notify the close contacts’ parents. This notice that you are receiving is being sent to all Community Learning Center parents and staff members. Therefore, your child was not a close contact unless you were individually notified by school administration prior to receiving this email.
The district follows TEA guidance in the event of positive cases:
- Areas heavily used by the positive test individual are sanitized.
- The individuals with the positive tests will remain off campus until re-entry criteria has been met a.) at least 10 calendar days since symptoms appeared, and b.) at least 24 hours since recovery (for example no fever without meds, and c) and symptoms have significantly improved (cough/shortness of breath). A student who must remain off campus will be an online learner if they feel well for school work.
- Close contacts are advised to remain home for 10 calendar days, or 7 calendar days with a negative test, in alignment with new guidelines from TEA. Online learning will be available immediately for close contact students whose families wish to keep them home.
Humble ISD appreciates everyone’s help in providing the best educational environment through these proactive measures:
- daily self screening for symptoms prior to coming onto a campus;
- reporting to the school if one tests positive, comes in close contact with someone who tests positive, or experiences symptoms of COVID-19. Parents of a student who tests positive should complete humbleisd.net/reportcovid19student
- physical distancing;
- practicing excellent hand hygiene;
- and following the Governor’s face covering order.
Thank you to the family for coming forward to work with our school to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Humble ISD is offering free, optional COVID-19 testing to students who attend school on campus and whose parents would like for them to be tested. More information regarding COVID testing for students.
Additional options for testing are:
https://houstonemergency.org/covid-19-testing (City of Houston)
https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/ (Harris County Public Health)
www.txcovidtest.org (Texas Division of Emergency Management)
https://www.readyharris.org/ (Harris County)