November 30, 2020 Thanksgiving Break Summary
November 30, 2020
Dear Community Learning Center Families,
Due to the Thanksgiving Break, we are adjusting our procedure on notifying families of positive COVID-19 cases by sending a summary of the past week.
Today, all Community Learning Center parents and staff are receiving this summary of the total number of positive cases at CLC that were reported to Humble ISD from Saturday, November 21, to 5 p.m. today, Monday, November 30. There was 1 staff case reported. There were no close contacts.
The district follows TEA guidance in the event of positive cases:
- Areas heavily used by the positive test individual are sanitized.
- The individual with the positive test will remain off campus until re-entry criteria has been met a.) at least 10 calendar days since symptoms appeared, and b.) at least 24 hours since recovery (for example no fever without meds, and c) and symptoms have significantly improved (cough/shortness of breath). A student who must remain off campus will be an online learner if they feel well for school work.
Humble ISD appreciates everyone’s help in providing the best educational environment through these proactive measures:
- daily self screening for symptoms prior to coming onto a campus;
- reporting to the school if one tests positive, comes in close contact with someone who tests positive, or experiences symptoms of COVID-19. Parents of a student who tests positive should complete humbleisd.net/reportcovid19student
- physical distancing;
- practicing excellent hand hygiene;
- and following the Governor’s face covering order.
Thank you to the family for coming forward to work with our school to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Humble ISD is offering free, optional COVID-19 testing to students who attend school on campus and whose parents would like for them to be tested. More information regarding COVID testing for students.
Additional options for testing are:
https://houstonemergency.org/covid-19-testing (City of Houston)
https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/ (Harris County Public Health)
www.txcovidtest.org (Texas Division of Emergency Management)
https://www.readyharris.org/ (Harris County)