September 2, 2020
September 2, 2020
Dear Community Learning Center Families,
We are writing to share that an individual who most recently was at the Community Learning Center on Friday, August 28, has received a positive test for COVID-19. Contact tracing occurred and no close contacts were identified. All staff were diligent in wearing masks. The district follows TEA guidance in the event of positive cases:
- Areas heavily used by the positive test individual are closed off for deep cleaning and sanitizing;
- The individual with the positive test will remain off campus until re-entry criteria has been met a.) at least 10 calendar days since symptoms appeared, and b.) at least 24 hours since recovery (for example no fever without meds, and c) and symptoms have significantly improved (cough/shortness of breath).
Humble ISD appreciates everyone’s help in providing the best educational environment through these proactive measures:
- daily self screening for symptoms prior to coming onto a campus;
- reporting to the school if one tests positive, comes in close contact with someone who tests positive, or experiences symptoms of COVID-19. Parents of a student who tests positive should complete humbleisd.net/reportcovid19student
- physical distancing;
- practicing excellent hand hygiene;
- and following the Governor’s face covering order.
Thank you to the individual for coming forward to work with our school to keep everyone safe and healthy.
As a precaution, if you would like for your child to get tested, some options are;
https://houstonemergency.org/covid-19-testing (City of Houston)
https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/ (Harris County Public Health)
www.txcovidtest.org (Texas Division of Emergency Management)
https://www.readyharris.org/ (Harris County)