September 20, 2020
September 20, 2020
Dear Community Learning Center Families,
We are writing to share that one individual who most recently was on the Community Learning Center campus on Friday, September 18, has received a positive test for COVID-19. Your child was not a close contact unless you were individually notified. This notice is being sent to all Community Learning Center parents and staff members.
The district follows TEA guidance in the event of positive cases:
- Areas heavily used by the positive test individual are sanitized.
- The individuals with the positive test will remain off campus until re-entry criteria has been met a.) at least 10 calendar days since symptoms appeared, and b.) at least 24 hours since recovery (for example no fever without meds, and c) and symptoms have significantly improved (cough/shortness of breath). A student who must remain off campus will be an online learner if they feel well for school work.
- Close contacts have been advised to remain home for 14 calendar days with online learning immediately available.
Humble ISD appreciates everyone’s help in providing the best educational environment through these proactive measures:
- daily self screening for symptoms prior to coming onto a campus;
- reporting to the school if one tests positive, comes in close contact with someone who tests positive, or experiences symptoms of COVID-19. Parents of a student who tests positive should complete humbleisd.net/reportcovid19student
- physical distancing;
- practicing excellent hand hygiene;
- and following the Governor’s face covering order.
Thank you to the family for coming forward to work with our school to keep everyone safe and healthy.
As a precaution, if you would like for your child to get tested, some options are:
https://houstonemergency.org/covid-19-testing (City of Houston)
https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/ (Harris County Public Health)
www.txcovidtest.org (Texas Division of Emergency Management)
https://www.readyharris.org/ (Harris County)