Letter from Principal re: Back to School: August 4, 2020
I hope this email finds all our SFE families safe and healthy!
The start of this school year has been like no other. Please know that Humble ISD's leaders and collective departments have been working tirelessly to develop our district's back to school plan, all while working through an unprecedented and ever changing situation. Just about every procedure for how we open a school year and function on a day to day basis is being thoroughly examined and adjusted in some manner. SFE staff have been busy participating in planning sessions about how we will provide a safe school environment for staff and students. SFE teachers have also been completing training sessions for how we will continue to provide high quality instruction and engaging learning experiences for all our students, regardless of whether they will be participating through face to face or online instruction. As you can imagine, this hasn't been an easy task, but one we are committed to doing for all children!
Humble ISD’s revised elementary back to school plan is as follows:
- August 11: All students begin the year online.
- August 17: In-person classes resume for self -contained special education students whose parents chose on campus.
- August 24: In-person classes resume for all students whose parents chose on campus.
Online learning remains an option for all students based on parent choice throughout 2020-2021.
Please visit Humble ISD’s Back to School webpage to learn more about the district’s back to school plans. Many of you responded to the Return to School Preference survey in June. However, if your decision has changed since then for how your child will receive his/her instruction beginning August 24, please complete the Learning Location Form as soon as possible. This is very important for our back to school planning! (Online instruction will start for everyone on August 11.)
Some additional important information:
- The online Annual Update process must be completed each year for all current Humble ISD students before this first day. Visit the Annual Update website for detailed instructions on the Annual Update process.
- Classroom teachers will be making welcome/introduction phone calls this Friday, August 7. In addition, SFE’s virtual Orientation and Meet the Teacher sessions will be held on Monday, August 10. Please check email or contact the campus if you need the Zoom links:
- Kindergarten 8:00 - 9:00
- 1st Grade 9:15 - 10:15
- 2nd Grade 10:30 - 11:30
- Self-Contained Special Education 11:30-12:30
- 3rd Grade 12:30 - 1:30
- 4th Grade 1:45 - 2:45
- 5th Grade 3:00 -4:00
I welcome you to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you currently have. Knowing what is on your mind will help us to provide informative Orientation and Meet the Teacher sessions, as well as, communicate helpful information by email and on our website.
We really look forward to starting the school year with our SFE Sharks very soon!