- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
Ridge Creek Elementary: November 6, 2019
Dear Ridge Creek Elementary Families,
A parent has reported a stranger danger situation to us involving one of our students. A fourth grade female student was riding a bicycle home into the Etteridge neighborhood on Tuesday, Nov. 5, at approximately 3:25 p.m., when she noticed a black Dodge truck following her. She said she could see someone in the truck pointing a phone at her. The student said the truck took off after following her for about a block. She was not injured. A report was filed with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office and patrols have been increased in the area.
This is a good opportunity to remind families about the following stranger danger safety tips at home:
- If anything unusual occurs, tell an adult immediately. Parents and teachers need to know what happened right away.
- Walk or bike to and from school in groups.
- Never talk to strangers or accept rides from them.
- Arrange for immediate access to neighbors and other trusted adults who could answer questions or be contacted in an emergency.
- Tour the neighborhood with your child to identify safe and dangerous circumstances.
- Never get into a car, enter a home, look for a lost pet, or accept candy or toys from an adult, unless your parents know what you are doing and have given you their permission first.
Please report any concerns to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office at 713-221-6000 or Humble ISD Police at 281-641-7900.