Humble Middle School: August 26, 2019
Dear Humble Middle School Families,
I am writing today to make you aware of an incident that involved one of our students. On Friday, August 23, 2019 at approximately 3 p.m., an eighth grade student was walking home from school along Timber Forest Drive when she was approached by two men. She said one of them had a rope. The student ran away and hid in a garage. The girl said both men got in their vehicles and drove away. She was not harmed. A report was filed with the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable’s office and Humble ISD police have increased patrols in the area.
This is a good opportunity to remind families about the following stranger danger safety tips at home:
- If anything unusual occurs, tell an adult immediately. Parents and teachers need to know what happened right away.
- Walk or bike to and from school in groups.
- Never talk to strangers or accept rides from them.
- Arrange for immediate access to neighbors and other trusted adults who could answer questions or be contacted in an emergency.
- Tour the neighborhood with your child to identify safe and dangerous circumstances.
- Never get into a car, enter a home, look for a lost pet, or accept candy or toys from an adult, unless your parents know what you are doing and have given you their permission first.
Please continue to encourage your children to report any concerns to our school staff, Humble ISD Police (281-641-7900) or through the Humble ISD iHelp app.