- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
Pine Forest Elementary: August 23, 2019
Dear Pine Forest Elementary Parents,
We want to inform you of a stranger danger incident reported to us today. This morning several students were waiting at the bus stop located near the entrance to Lakeshore Villa Apartments. A man in a small gray car pulled up to where the students were waiting and, through the window, asked a student for her mother’s name, her phone number, where she lives and how old she is. The girl turned away and walked to another student who was also at the bus stop.
The man drove away into the apartment complex. However, a short time later he drove back to the street and parked where he could view the bus stop.
We reported this to Humble ISD Police and they are investigating. They will also have an additional patrol in the area.
The man is described as a bald white male wearing a white shirt driving a small gray four-door sedan.
This is a good opportunity to review a few safety tips with your child:
- Walk to and from school in groups.
- If anything unusual occurs, tell an adult immediately. Time can be critical.
- Never talk to strangers or accept rides from them, even if you are stranded. Call a trusted adult for transportation.
- Tell a trusted adult – parent, teacher or counselor – if anyone ever makes you feel uncomfortable.
Please continue to encourage your children to report any concerns to our school staff, Humble ISD Police (281-641-7900) or through the Humble ISD iHelp app.