- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
KPHS Track State Champion
Jacob Allen is a member of the Kingwood Park High School Track Team and is held to the same standards and follows the same rules, regulations and guidelines as all UIL High School Track Athlete in the State of Texas. The only difference is due to a physical disability, Jacob competes in a wheelchair.
- Freshmen year: 3rd in the 100 meters, 4th in the 400 meters and 8th in the Shot
- Sophomore year: 1st in the 100 meters, 2nd in the 400 and 4th in the shot
- Junior year: 1st in the 100 meters, 2nd in the 400 and 3rd in the shot
- All-American Para Track and Field Team member 2018 and 2019.
- Member of Team USA Junior World Team 2019 (he will be going to Switzerland in August).
- Junior National 100 m. and shot put, weight lifting gold medalist.
Pictured from back left are KPHS Associate Principal Wes Solomon, KPHS Head Track Coach Chris Elliott, Board President Nancy Morrison, Superintendent Dr. Elizabeth Fagen, KPHS Principal Lisa Drabing, Mom Sheela Allen and Dad David Allen. Pictured in front is student athlete Jacob Allen and Para Track Coach Saul Mendoza.
The University Interscholastic League voted in October 2013 to add a wheelchair division to the state track meet and held three events at the State Track Meet in 2014 for boys and girls which include the shot put, & 100 and 400 meters. Any high school student may be eligible to participate in the Wheelchair Division track and field events with a documented permanent, physical disability. High school students eligible under the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules are eligible to compete.