- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
Humble ISD May 10 Closure FAQs
Humble ISD looks forward to welcoming students back to classes on Monday, May 13.
Q. Because schools were closed on Friday, May 10, will calendars/schedules need to change to meet state requirements?
- Elementary Schools: No calendar/schedule changes are needed.
- Middle Schools: No calendar/schedule changes are needed.
- Quest and Summer Creek High Schools: No calendar/schedule changes are needed.
- Atascocita, Humble, Kingwood, and Kingwood Park High Schools: No late arrival on Thursday, May 16. By eliminating this late arrival, these schools will meet the number of minutes required by the state even though they were closed on May 10.
Q. Will STAAR/EOC testing occur next week?
- On Monday, May 13, there will be no STAAR/EOC testing in Humble ISD.
- STAAR/EOC testing will occur Tuesday-Friday, May 14-17. STAAR testing will involve students in grades 3-8. Some high school students will take EOC makeup tests. Schools will communicate their testing schedules to parents.
Q. Where can I find schedule updates for Athletics and Fine Arts events?
Q. How does closing on May 10 affect employees?
- Regular employees will not lose pay because the district closed. Additionally, Humble ISD is applying for a waiver so that employees will not be required by the state to make up the contractual day.