- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
Humble ISD Honors Students of Character
Humble ISD recognized Students of Character from all secondary schools for their well-rounded achievements and for exemplifying the six character traits promoted throughout the District’s curriculum – responsibility, respect, trustworthiness, fairness, caring and citizenship. Each middle and high school selected one boy and one girl who embody these six pillars of character to represent the District.
These students also excel in the areas of optimistic thinking, self-management, relationship skills, and goal-directed behavior. Humble ISD celebrated these students, their families, and their school administrators with a luncheon on April 16, hosted by the Humble ISD Counseling and Behavioral Services Department. Each student was awarded certificates from Humble ISD and Texas State Representative Dan Huberty. The eighth-grade students will also be appointed to serve on the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council.
The 2019 High School Students of Character are:
- Atascocita High School - Abigail Caldwell and Jordan Wells
- Humble High School - Alan Whitehead and Domianna Vargas
- Kingwood High School - Megan Tragesser and Austin Hodges
- Kingwood Park High School - Andie Unwin and Fritz Rasmussen
- Quest Early College High School - Natalia Velasquez and Devon Diaz
- Summer Creek High School - Addison Young and Jaylon Jacobs
2019 High School Students of Character (pictured front row, left to right): Abigail Caldwall, Domianna Vargas, Megan Tragesser, Andie Unwin, Natalia Velasquez, and Addison Young. Back row, left to right: Jordan Wells, Alan Whitehead, Fritz Rasmussen, Devon Diaz, and Jaylon Jacobs. Not pictured: Austin Hodges.
The 2019 Middle School Students of Character are:
- Atascocita Middle School - Sarah Squires and Brandon Bryant
- Creekwood Middle School - Rebecca Rhodes and Aidan Duez
- Humble Middle School - Le'Shawnice Jones and Cameron Soileau
- Kingwood Middle School - Jalyah Arnet and Patrick Overmeyer
- Riverwood Middle School - Katharine Mire and Marshall Burke
- Ross Sterling Middle School - Matai Kevin Keaka Nicholas Tomas and Jayde Mia Martinez
- Timberwood Middle School - Kennedy Brown and Ryan Serna
- West Lake Middle School - Summer Mompoint and Dominic McDonald
- Woodcreek Middle School - Yamari Thomas and Ryan Daughtry
2019 Middle School Students of Character (pictured front row, left to right): Sarah Squires, Rebecca Rhodes, Le'Shawnice Jones, Jalyah Amet, Katharine Mire, Jayde Mia Martinez, Kennedy Brown, Summer Mompoint, and Yamari Thomas. Back row, left to right: Brandon Bryant, Aidan Duez, Cameron Soileau, Patrick Overmeyer, Marshall Burke, Matai Kevin Keaka Nicholas Thomas, Ryan Serna, Dominic McDonald, and Ryan Daughtry.