Important Attendance Information – How you can help!
Students not in the building at 10:00 a.m are marked absent. Regular attendance is critical to learning in the classroom. When your son/daughter is absent from school, please note the following important reminders:
If a student must miss school for a legitimate and excusable reason, as the Parent/Student Handbook states, the student’s parent/guardian must submit an excuse in writing that states the reason for each absence and is signed by the parent/guardian or healthcare professional. The excuse should be submitted to the school immediately upon the student's return but will be accepted no later than 48 hours from the date of the absence.
Important Ways You Can Help!
1. Try to schedule doctor appointments after school or during release times.
2. If your son/daughter does have a routine doctor appointment during the school day, plan for them to attend school before or after the appointment. When your son/daughter attends school the day of the appointment and returns with a note from the doctor, the state will consider him/her present for attendance purposes for that day.
3. If your son/daughter is required to attend court, please make sure he/she turns in documentation from the court stating that they were there. The state will consider him/her present for attendance purposes for that day.
4. Make sure we have your correct email address on our records. We have an automated system that picks up any unexcused absences and sends out an email alerting you of the unexcused absence.
5. You can keep track of your son/daughter's attendance and grades by signing in to HAC, Home Access Center. If you do not have your login information, contact your son/daughter's school for the necessary information.
You can find more information concerning Attendance Regulations and Policies in the Parent/Student Handbook on pages 11-17, which can be found at: https://www.humbleisd.net/Page/43.