January 30, 2018
The latest photos show updates to Kingwood High School. Work continues, and the next update will be emailed to Kingwood and Summer Creek high school parents and staff on February 6. Kingwood High School students are scheduled to begin classes back at the KHS campus on March 19.
- Main electrical supply has been taken offline while being replaced
- Elevator restoration continues
- Both walk-in coolers/freezers in kitchen are installed
- Painting in administration offices is complete
- Tile installation on stairways are near completion
- Bottom cabinets are installed in the science wing
- Drinking fountains are being installed
- IT data cabling and system restoration continues
- Outdoor restrooms and ticket booth near the track were painted
- Fire alarm system restoration continues
- Tile installation on walls in restrooms in administration area continues
- Installation of new hot water piping for heating continues
KHS Recovery Highlights:
Brett Jolley, KHS Automotive Technology Instructor
Teachers are looking forward to March 19. One of them is Brett Jolley, Kingwood High automotive technology instructor. "Since being at Summer Creek I have learned new teaching styles, new ways to use technology in the shop, and more ways to build relationships with my students," Jolley said. "My experience at Summer Creek has been extremely beneficial for me and my students." Familiarity and a sense of home are just a few of the things Jolley is looking forward to when he returns to Kingwood High School.
Photos are included below. Captions are provided under the "i" in the upper left corner of each photo.