December 5, 2017
Progress on recovery at Kingwood High School continues, and some finishing work has begun! Brick veneer is going up in the 2000 area hallway. Work in the kitchen continues. Work continues in the Fine Arts wing, athletics area, and CTE hallway. All airways and ductwork in the building have been thoroughly cleaned. The old water chilling tower behind the school has been removed. The goal is for KHS students to be back in the academic wing for classes by Monday, March 19. The next KHS recovery update will be emailed on December 12 to Kingwood and Summer Creek parents.
- Brick veneer is installed in 2000 area hallway.
- Sheet rock, painting and railing is up along the open 2000 area.
- Construction of access ramp is complete.
- Tile is complete in 2000 area restrooms.
- Tile on floors and walls of kitchen is complete.
- Restoration continues in gym and auditorium.
- Restoration continues in fine arts wing, athletics area, CTE hallway.
- Painting has begun in natatorium.
- Painting is being done in practice gym.
- Old water chilling tower behind the school building has been removed and new concrete surface was poured.
Photos are included below. Captions are provided under the "i" in the upper left corner of each photo.