November 28, 2017
Humble ISD will continue to inform parents on recovery work at Kingwood High School throughout the recovery process. Over the last two weeks, all drywall and painting was completed in the 2000 wing, CTE wing, commons area, and the science wing. Work in the kitchen continues. Much work has been done in the fine arts wing. Humble ISD’s goal is for Kingwood High School students to be back in the academic wing for classes at their home campus by Monday, March 19. The next KHS recovery status report will be emailed on December 5 to Kingwood and Summer Creek parents.
- Tile installation is 80 percent complete in the 2000 wing restrooms.
- Tile installation is 90 percent complete in the kitchen area.
- Painting is nearly complete in 2000 area hallways and offices.
- New gas lines were installed in the floors of science classrooms. The acid neutralization tank in the science wing has been hydro-vacuumed and new limestone media installed.
- Special education area has repaired metal studs, fireproofing on steel columns, is insulated, and all sheetrock is installed.
- On the first floor, access ramp is under construction.
- Fine Arts wing has repaired metal studs, fireproofing on steel columns, is insulated, and 90% of sheetrock is installed.
- New rolled door was installed in the Scene Shop.
- Tile removal in the natatorium is complete, sound boards were removed, and painting is 50% complete.
- Cleaning is complete in the weight room and practice gym, and prep work for painting has begun in the practice gym.
- Administration has repaired metal studs, fireproofing on steel columns, is insulated, and all sheetrock is installed.
Photos are included below. Captions are provided under the "i" in the upper left corner of each photo.