November 14, 2017
Humble ISD will continue to inform parents on recovery work at Kingwood High School throughout the recovery process. All of the classrooms in the 2000 area are painted! The Commons is now clean and sealed against recontamination, and work in the kitchen continues. Cleaning and removal in the first floor fine arts wing is underway. Humble ISD’s goal is for Kingwood High School students to be back in the academic wing for classes at their home campus by Monday, March 19. The next KHS recovery status report will be emailed after Thanksgiving break to Kingwood and Summer Creek parents.
- The Commons has passed environmental testing, and has been sealed against contaminates.
- Kitchen floor tile was removed, thinset (adhesive mortar under tile) has been sanded, the concrete has been scrubbed and sanitized, and new tile is being installed.
- Two walk-in freezers in the Kitchen have been completely removed, including the concrete floor and an insulating layer beneath the concrete.
- All classrooms in the 2000 area have been painted! Now hallways and offices in that area are being painted.
- On the first floor, sheetrock is up in the CTE classrooms.
- Cleaning and removal is being done in the fine arts wing that includes the Black Box, Scene Shop, Choir Room, Band Hall, and Orchestra Room.
- In the natatorium, sound boards were removed, floor tiles were removed and thinset is being sanded. The athletics corridors and locker rooms were carefully cleaned and will be tested.
- Cleaning and removal is being done in the gym.
- Electrical wiring, insulation, and sheetrock installation is underway in the Administrative offices.
Photos are included below. Captions are provided under the "i" in the upper left corner of each photo.