- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
Join the 2016 JASON National Argonaut Team
JASON Learning is seeking a diverse, creative, and adventurous group of students and educators to venture into the field with JASON researchers. If you think you are up to the challenge, read on!
As a JASON National Argonaut, you will embark on a life-changing journey, where you will work side-by-side with scientists and engineers in the field. Student and Educator Argonauts will spend approximately 7 days in the field during the summer of 2015. Argonauts serve as ambassadors and role models for the JASON community, and may participate in speaking events related to the program.
JASON will pay for all travel, lodging, food (meal and snacks), and programming/equipment costs related to JASON
Student Argonauts must be 13 years old by June 1, 2016, and have participated in JASON in some capacity. Student applicants also must have a committed sponsor to assist them through the Argonaut experience.
Educator Argonauts should have at least five years of experience working with students, have plans to continue as an educator in the 2016-2017 school year, and have used JASON in an educational setting.
Ideal Argonaut candidates will:
- Demonstrate a strong interest and ability in science
- Possess excellent leadership and/or teamwork skills
- Be self-motivated, creative, and adventurous, taking personal initiative to meet challenges and overcome obstacles
- Possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable in front of a camera
- Participate in field activities which may be outdoors and/or strenuous in nature; activities, locations, or conditions may include, but are not limited to:
- small/confined spaces
- adverse weather conditions (temperature extremes, precipitation, wind, etc.)
- Be comfortable with the idea of being on a plane/boat and/or have prior experience on a plane/boat
- Possess or be able to obtain a passport and be willing and able to travel to an international location
How to Apply
Deadline for application is Friday, January 15, 2016 for all applicants.
Question call or email, Donna Ullrich, Secondary Science Coordinator Humble ISD 281-641-8346 or email@example.com