- News Releases
- Hurricane Harvey
- Inspiring Moments
- Spotlight on Sports
- Keep Up With Changing Weather
- Parent Letters
- Stranger Danger
March is National Youth Art Month
Fourteen Humble ISD student artists were recognized at the March Board of Trustees meeting for their award-winning artwork in both the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Art Contest, as well as the State Youth Art Month Exhibit, where only 100 pieces are chosen from school district entries across the state. Out of 8 submitted from Humble ISD, we have 5 selected and are on display at the State Capitol and Bob Bullock Museum in Austin.
In addition, KPHS Senior Jordan Adkins' art work "Floof and Poof" was one of 10 pieces chosen by Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott to hang in the Governor's Gallery for the next year. This is a very big honor for her and our district! Her picture is the lady with the large amount of hair.
State Youth Art Month Exhibit winners are:
- Jordan Adkins - KPHS - Teacher Melanie Hunt
- Hogan Anderson - GTE- Teacher Heather Burdette
- Meredith Charboneau - WCE - Teacher Lynn Bennett
- Marisa Stone - FE - Teacher Julie Gallow
- Julianna Valle - SCHS - Teacher Sandra Newton
2017 Humble ISD Award Recpients for the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Art Contest:
- Elementary Best of Show: Caleb Divall - ESE - "The Sunset Cow"
- Elementary Gold Medal: Kainoa Carlsward - LSE - "Happy Pigs in the Mud"
- Middle School Best of Show: Hanna Boss - CMS - "Back in the Saddle"
- Middle School Gold Medal: Sara Jamieson - RMS - "The Cow Herder"
- High School Special Merit: Paige Lockstedt - KPHS - "Cowboy Trail"
- High School Gold Medal: Anna Pham - KHS - "Heart and Soul"
- High School Gold Medal: Jordan Adkins - KPHS - "Texas Trail"
- High School Best of Show: Rachel Scott - KPHS - "Fording Ahead"
- High School Best of Show 3D: Emily Callens - KPHS - "This One's For You"
- *Emily's artwork was chosen as the GRAND CHAMPION 3D PIECE and was auctioned for $88,000 and will be bronzed!