Welcome to the BBE Clinic!
HI BEARS! Nurse James wants to encourage all to stay healthy, wash your hands, don't touch your face, social distancing 6ft apart, wear a mask, and stay home when appropriate to help protect others! Please click on the items and posters in the above virtual clinic and see what things you can learn!!
**Humble ISD COVID-19 PROTOCOL - PLEASE READ** (updated 9/28/20)
Parents must screen students DAILY before sending to school for the following symptoms not normal for them:
a. High Risk
- Fever greater than 100°
- Cough (new onset or worsening cough with asthma)
- Shortness of breath / increase work of breathing
- Loss of sense of taste and smell
b. Low Risk
- Sore throat
- Nasal congetsion / nasal discharge
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
- Myalgia (muscle aches) unrelated to exercise / injury
If the student is sent home by the nurse for above symptoms the following applies:
- Students with one high risk COVID symptoms or 2 low risk symptoms will be sent home and follow Re-entry criteria below.
- Students with one low risk COVID symptoms will be sent home and may return in 24 hours if symptoms resolve and no other COVID symptoms are present. *24 hour period will start the morning following the day the student is sent home / develop symptoms.
- *ALL FEVERS of 100.0 or greater must stay home and follow the re-entry criteria below* (as of 9/21/20).
- Option 1:
- 10 calendar days have passed since symptoms first started; or if asymptomatic 10 calendar days from the date of the test. AND
- 24 hours since recovery (for example-no fever without use of medications; no diarrhea without medications, etc.) AND
- Symptoms have significantly improved
- Option 2: Student is cleared by a medical professional with an alternate diagnosis ruling out COVID (ex. Asthma, strep, some other illness, etc.) The letter MUST state a DIAGNOSIS - it cannot just say "Return to School".
- Option 3: Student tests negative for COVID-19 swab test (not antibody test). Submit a copy of the results to Emily.James@humbleisd.net in order to return to school.
- Option 1:
CLOSE CONTACT: (updated 12/8/20)
If your student is a close contact of a confirmed COVID positive individual, Humble ISD advises parents to keep the student home for:
10 calendar days after LAST contact,
Or 7 calendar days after LAST contact with a negative Covid test- the test should be taken 5 days or more after last contact.
PLEASE report any POSITIVE COVID result to your campus ASAP so we can minimize the spread. You will need to complete the HumbleISD Student Covid-19 Reporting Form if not already done by the campus nurse.
Please report all absences via the absence line or email - state the symptoms and if their illness is COVID related and/or running a fever >100.0.
ATTENDANCE and CLASSWORK:
Please have your student log into MyHumble and complete an application for attendance purposes and contact your teacher for classwork.
Humble ISD is offering free Antigen (Rapid) and PCR testing Mon-Friday for students:
District RAPID Testing:
FREE for all on campus learners, appointment needed.
Results typically within an hour.
District PCR testing:
FREE if student has symptoms OR deemed close contact of confirmed case, no appointment needed..
Results typically within 24 hours.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
Let 24 Hour Covid staff know that your child is a student in Humble ISD.
- 24 Hour Covid RT-PCR Laboratory - Kingwood Location (behind HCA Kingwood Medical Center)
22751 Professional Dr., Kingwood 77339
Tests performed curbside. Drive up to side of building; Remain in car and a staff member will approach your vehicle.
- 24 Hour Covid RT-PCR Laboratory - Atascocita Location (behind Iguana Joe’s)
18321 West Lake Houston Parkway, Atascocita, 77346
Tests performed inside clinic. Enter door marked for COVID testing.
District information website: Humble ISD COVID information