2017-2018 6th-8th Grade Gifted & Talented (G/T) Referral/Testing Process
September 9-October 20, 2017
- Parent and /or teacher may refer a student for G/T testing for grades 6th-8th.
- After a student is referred, parents will receive a parent permission form and the Home Scales for Identifying Gifted Students (SIGS). Both will need to be completed and signed prior to assessment.
- Teachers will complete the School Scales for Identifying Gifted Students.
October 23- December 15, 2017
- Students will complete the CogAt ability assessment (verbal, nonverbal, quantitative) and the IOWA Achievement Assessment (Math, Reading and Written Expression).
- Each assessment is on average 45 minutes to an hour. Your child will be pulled from class to take these 6 assessments. Your child is responsible for making up any classwork or assignments he/she may miss out on due to testing.
February 2, 2018
- HMS G/T Building Selection committee will convene, review and determine student placement based on the preponderance of evidence (SIGS, CogAT and IOWA).
- Each student’s parent will receive a letter indicating either qualified for G/T or not qualified for G/T. You may request copies of your child’s CogAT and IOWA profile sheets.
- G/T Services will begin for 6th-8th grade students, who qualified.
Maestras y padres de estudiantes en grados 6-8 podran referir alumnos a la Programa para Dotados y Talentosos desde el 9 de septiembre hasta el 20 de octubre de 2017. Por favor de llamar a la senora Solis al number 281-641-4089 or manda un correo electronico a email@example.com con el nombre y grado del estudiante.