2019-2020 Gifted & Talented (G/T) Referral/Testing Process
If you would like to refer your child for GT Identification please click the link https://www.humbleisd.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=115204 and be sure to submit your request through the online portal. Humble ISD will ONLY accept GT Referrals through this online portal. Make sure you complete all areas of the Google form and submit it. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact me 281-641-4089
Opens August 26 through September 27. The online portal for referrals will close on September 27 at 4:30 p.m.
- Parent and /or teacher may refer a student for G/T testing for grades 6th-8th.
- After a student is referred, parents will receive a parent permission form and the Home Scales for Identifying Gifted Students (SIGS). Both will need to be completed and signed prior to assessment.
- Teachers will complete the School Scales for Identifying Gifted Students.
September 30-December 19
- Students will complete the CogAt ability assessment (verbal, nonverbal, quantitative) and the IOWA Achievement Assessment (Math, Reading and Written Expression).
- Each assessment is on average 45 minutes to an hour. Your child will be pulled from class to take these 6 assessments. Your child is responsible for making up any classwork or assignments he/she may miss out on due to testing.
- HMS G/T Building Selection committee will convene, review and determine student placement based on the preponderance of evidence (SIGS, CogAT and IOWA).
- Each student’s parent will receive a letter indicating either qualified for G/T or not qualified for G/T. You may request copies of your child’s CogAT and IOWA profile sheets.
***These dates can change. Please contact S. Solis 281-641-4089 if you have any questions or concerns.
- G/T Services will begin for 6th-8th-grade students, who qualified.
Maestras y padres de estudiantes en grados 6-8 podran referir alumnos a la Programa para Dotados y Talentosos desde el 26 de agosto hasta el 27 de septiembre de 2019. Por favor de llamar a la senora Solis al number 281-641-4089 o manda un correo electronico a firstname.lastname@example.org con el nombre y grado del estudiante.