Update 13 July 17Results from the first lottery will be posted on the front doors of the school at 8:00 AM on Thursday, August 17. The distribution of parking permits for students whose names are drawn from the lottery for a parking space will follow the schedule below.Monday, August 21 - 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM office 4300 SENIOR students onlyWednesday, August 23 - 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM office 4300 All remaining students selected from lotteryThe parking fee for the 2017-2018 school year is $50 (payable by cash or check).If your child failed to apply for the parking lottery in May or is new to Kingwood High School, and meets the qualifications for parking on campus, please email Mr. Herbst at email@example.com for directions on how to apply for the second lottery that will take place on the evening August 23. Students not selected in the second lottery will have their applications remain in the lottery. Anytime a space opens up a student's name will be drawn from the lottery and they will be notified individually by Mr. Herbst's office.Update 2 June 17The online student parking lottery application process for the 2017-2018 school year is now over. Students who did not apply for the lottery during the online application process will have an opportunity to submit an application for the second lottery after the first lottery is conducted during the week of August 7th to August 11th.Update 30 May 17The 2017-2018 online student parking lottery application process will end on June 1st at 3:00 PM. Students who fail to apply for the lottery by that time will not be eligible for the first drawing held in August and will have to wait until the second lottery drawing if spaces are still available.Update 22 May 172017 Consolidation of Senior Parking Spaces
Mr. Herbst has started the consolidation of senior parking spaces in order to reassign those spots to sophomore and junior licensed drivers who are in good standing and currently do not have a permit to park on campus. On Friday, May 26, 2017, during lunch and after school (2:50 to 3:30), students may come to office 4300 to pick up the blue temporary parking application. Students will return the completed application and a copy of their driver’s license, as well as a copy of their proof of vehicle insurance, to office 4300 on Tuesday, May 30th, at lunch and after school to receive a permit for the remainder of the year. We do not have the time to go through applications that have been submitted for the 2017-2018 parking lottery to make copies of the license and insurance copies that you may have already submitted. Students must read the parking regulations posted on the KHS Parking Information/Application site to apply for a temporary permit. Students who park on campus unauthorized without an active parking permit, use a permit that has been given to them by another student, park in the visitor parking area, or park in a space not assigned to them are subject to being ineligible for the parking lottery for the 2017-2018 school year.Update 1 May 17The 2017-2018 online parking application process is now active through June 1, 2017. Students who complete the application process and meet all eligibility criteria will be able to participate in the parking lottery held in August 2017 for a student parking space. Please read all of the information on this page and then scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the link entitled "2017-2018" to begin the online application. Please follow all directions carefully. If you are interested in the KHS Annual Fund Preferred Parking Program please click here for information.Update 11 Apr 17
The online parking application process for the 2017-2018 school year will begin on May 1, 2017, at 12:01 AM. In addition to completing the online application students are required to print a hard copy of their completed application and bring it, as well as a copy of their driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, to Mr. Herbst in office 4300. Students who applied for parking for the 2016-2017 school year MUST REAPPLY to participate in the parking lottery for the 2017-2018 school year. Students who owe any type of school related fine or have any type of outstanding discipline to serve will not be eligible to participate in the parking lottery. The online application link will become active on May 1, 2017, at 12:01 AM.BE SURE TO PRINT OUT A HARD COPY OF YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION PRIOR TO CLICKING THE SUBMIT BUTTON. Please bring a copy of your printed application, along with a copy of your driver's license and proof of insurance, to office 4300 DURING LUNCH of AFTER SCHOOL. Applications will only be accepted during lunch or after school. The application period ends on June 1, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
Students who applied for parking for the 2016-2017 school year MUST REAPPLY to be considered for a space for the 2017-2018 school year.*** Special note....Students applying for a shared parking space must submit their application with the application of the student with whom they plan to share.KHS PARKING REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
To be granted a parking permit, a student must:
1) Be a senior or a junior (as classified by the registrar) at Kingwood High School. Sophomores and freshmen are not permitted to park on campus.
2) Complete the online application form at the bottom of this page and print the submission report to turn in to office 4300 during lunch, or immediately after school. Applications presented before school or during class time/passing periods will not be accepted. Simply follow the instructions at the link below.
3) Submit a PHOTOCOPY of their current valid driver's license and a PHOTOCOPY of current liability insurance for the vehicle student will be driving. You must provide your own copy of your license and proof of insurance.4) Students may apply for parking with a driver's permit only if they will have their actual driver's license by September 15, 2017. Submit a copy of the permit at the time of application to be eligible for the lottery.5) All documents must be turned in to Mr. Herbst's office (4300) to be considered for a parking spot.6) Applications for shared parking will not be considered until both students have submitted all paperwork to Mr. Herbst's office.
****STUDENTS WITH OUTSTANDING DISCIPLINE, LIBRARY FINES, LOST TEXTBOOKS, OR OTHER OUTSTANDING FEES AT THE END OF THE 2017 SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PARKING LOTTERY FOR 2017-2018 school year.
Parking is selected by lottery and applications are drawn in the following order:
1) Seniors sharing with Seniors.
2) Seniors sharing with Juniors.
3) Juniors sharing with Juniors.
4) Senior Singles
5) New Students to Kingwood High School
6) Junior Singles.
Students will need to remain in good standing in order to keep parking privileges. Discipline infractions, excessive tardies and/or excessive absences can affect your parking permit status. Each incident will be evaluated on an individual basis. A student may lose his/her parking privileges for a period of time or the remainder of the semester. Incidences include but are not limited to the following:
a) Assignment to the Discipline Program.
b) Truancyc) Parking violation of campus parking and/or driving regulations, to include leaving campus without proper authorization.
d) A violation related to alcohol/drugs, to include DWI/DUI.
e) Reckless driving on school property.
f) Failure to acknowledge directives of school personnel.
g) Students using their parking privilege to allow sophomores or other unauthorized students to park.
h) Allowing other students to borrow your space or tag.
i) ***Failure to report an accident/collision to school administration at the time the accident occurs may result in forfeiture of parking permit for the remainder of the school year.
- Towing/Booting- Even authorized student vehicles are subject to towing/booting and/or citations when they are parked in unauthorized areas including, but not limited to:
a) faculty/staff parking
b) the circle driveway
c) bus loading and unloading areas
d) any student in a parking space assigned to another student
e) the band practice area after 3:00pm
f) fire zonesg) visitor parkingViolations will lead to:First offense= Extended D-Hall (Saturday class)
Second offense= Extended D-Hall, two-week suspension of parking privilege
Third offense= Extended D-Hall, further suspension of parking privilege, to include consideration of revocation of parking permit
- Junior and Senior students not authorized to park on campus may have their vehicle booted and/or towed and could forfeit their opportunity to obtain a parking permit for the remainder of the year. SOPHOMORES MAY NOT PARK ON CAMPUS. ANY SOPHOMORE PARKING ON CAMPUS MAY FORFEIT THEIR OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN A PARKING PERMIT THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL YEAR.
- Assigned parking spaces that remain vacant for extended periods of time are subject to being reclaimed and reassigned.
- You must clearly display your hanging tag at all times while on campus. Any vehicle parked without a hanging tag will be issued a parking violation and is subject to booting and/or loss of parking privileges for repeated offenses.
Parking Tag Fee for 2017-2018 is $50.00(Fee will be paid in August)
- Kingwood High School and Humble ISD are not responsible for damages incurred while cars are parked on campus. Damage to vehicles should be reported to the campus police officer as promptly as possible.
Lost Tag Fee $5.00Click below to fill out online application (If you have issues with submitting your application online please try submitting the form using Google Chrome web browser). The online application link deactivaes on June 1, 2017. To apply for the parking lottery after that date please contact Mr. Herbst directly at 281-641-6924.