Welcome to the Pine Forest Health Clinic
**Humble ISD COVID-19 PROTOCOL - PLEASE READ**
Parents must screen students DAILY before sending to school for the following symptoms not normal for them:
● Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
● Loss of taste or smell
● Difficulty breathing
● Shortness of breath
● Sore throat
● Congestion or runny nose
● Shaking or exaggerated shivering
● Significant muscle pain or ache
● Nausea or vomiting
If the student is sent home by the nurse for above symptoms they will need to follow the re-entry criteria below.
If the student develops symptoms at home that are not normal for them (fever - see below) and may be related to COVID, the district asks they stay home and follow the re-entry criteria below.
If the student develops symptoms at home that are normal for them and you feel are NOT related to COVID, they may return when symptom free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
All fevers of 100.0 or greater must stay home and follow the re-entry criteria below.
Please notify us via the absence line for all absences and state if you feel their illness is COVID related.
Students may log in from home and complete classwork to have absence removed.
They may re-enter school when one of the following three options have been satisfied:
- Option 1:
- 10 calendar days have passed since symptoms first started; or if asymptomatic 10 calendar days from the date of the test. AND
- 24 hours since recovery (for example-no fever without use of medications; no diarrhea without medications, etc.) AND
- Symptoms have significantly improved
- Option 2: Student is cleared by a medical professional with an alternate diagnosis ruling out COVID (ex. Asthma, some other illness, etc.). The letter MUST state a DIAGNOSIS - it cannot just say "Return to School".
- Option 3: Student tests negative for acute COVID-19 swab test (not antibody blood test) - List of Approved Testing Site
- Option 1:
If your student is a close contact of a confirmed COVID positive individual:
Humble ISD encourages parents to keep them home for 14 calendar days and consult with a medical provider.
For more information please see: https://www.humbleisd.net/Page/121635
Holly Raymond, RN
7:30am - 3:30pm
Your child's health and well-being is important to us. If your child has ANY medical issues you did not include on the annual update at the start of school please call me as soon as possible.