7th Grade Counselor, Mrs. Nichols - Crystal.Nichols@humbleisd.net 281-641-4620
8th Grade Counselor, Mrs. Martinez - Andrinee.Martinez@humbleisd.net 281-641-4712
6th Grade Counselor, Mrs. Goodman - Julie.Goodman@humbleisd.net 281-641-4625
Student Reminder: Every second Tuesday of each month we will be highlighting a college or university.Wear your favorite college/university shirt!The Four Components of the Counseling Program:Guidance:
Helping all students develop basic life skills in the areas of self confidence, motivation to achieve, decision making, effectiveness, and responsible behavior.
With preventive and remedial interventions, the counselor works with student, parents, and other professionals to move students toward resolution of their problems.
Students are guided as they manage their educational and personal-social development.
School counselors consult with teachers and administrators on behalf of students, parents, and staff.Counselors can help...* Students develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves.
* Students cope with family changes.
* Students develop decision making and problem solving skills.
* Students develop socially and emotionally to mature in their relationships withothers.
* Students understand themselves in relation to their own development.* Students develop organizational and study skills.* Students prepare for high school and college.
* Parents understand their children's emotions, behaviors, and learning styles.