Welcome to Humble ISD Early Childhood!
At Humble ISD we are excited about providing the full-day Pre-K experience for four-year olds. The Pre-K program for the 2022-2023 school year will be available in 23 schools across the district and registrations are available throughout the school year.
Enrollment in the Humble ISD Pre-K Program is subject to meeting eligibility criteria and campus locations are assigned once students qualify.
Please see the information below for details regarding registration documentation, qualification requirements, and attendance zones.
Pre-Kindergarten Application Process for 2022-2023
- Parents are encouraged to watch the informational webinar to learn more about the program, eligibility criteria, and how to apply.
2. Individualized Registration Appointments will occur weekly by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Old Lakeland Elementary (Door #1 Entrance), 1500 Montgomery Lane, Humble TX 77338 (Link for appointment will be provided to you via email after application submission-Please note it could take up to 24 hours)
To participate in the Pre-Kindergarten Program, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022 AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficiency: the child is unable to speak or comprehend the English Language (*Language other than English is spoken in the home/testing required)
- Educationally Disadvantaged: the child would be eligible to participate in the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program (based on family’s gross income) 2022-2023 Income Chart
- Homeless: the child is homeless
- Child of an active duty member of the Armed Services of the United States
- Child of a member of the Armed Services who was injured or killed while on active duty
- Child has been under the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
If you have concerns about your child's speech and language skills or development, please contact your campus Speech Pathologist or Diagnostician for a preschool referral.
If your child receives speech services at an Humble ISD elementary campus or in another neighboring district, it does not automatically qualify them to attend Pre-Kindergarten in Humble ISD. Parents must email the Humble ISD Early Childhood Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for Pre-K enrollment to determine if your child is eligible to attend a Pre-K program on an elementary campus for the 2022-2023 school year. Please make sure to select the appropriate box when filling out the application. Walk-In Speech Services
Steps for Pre-Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023
2. All documentation will need to be uploaded to the online application before the enrollment process is complete. If you have difficulty uploading documents, please contact email@example.com
- Child’s Proof of Age and Proof of Identity
- Parent/Guardian’s driver’s license or passport for identification purposes
- Up-To-Date Immunization records - must be signed or stamped by the physician or his/her designee or public health personnel (including electronic MyChart records)
- Proof of residency in Humble ISD
- For students residing in a house, the lease, deed, or a current utility (gas, water, electricity) bill will suffice.
- For students residing in an apartment, a lease containing parent and student names or a letter from the apartment manager is required.
- If both parent and student live with a relative or friend in Humble ISD whose residence is not an apartment, the parent and the person with whom they reside must submit a notarized Verification of Address affidavit.
- Eligibility documentation
- Income verification-Current TANF or SNAP eligibility LETTER not card, current check stubs stating gross income for last 30 days or unemployment pay stub
- Military disability letter or Department of Defense Photo ID
- Department of Family and Protective Services verification letter
3. All documents must be received and eligibility must be verified before your child’s enrollment is complete. You will be notified of your assigned Pre-Kindergarten campus upon district verification.