The Colored School was opened by District No. 28 for the 1909-1910 school year.
It was located on the west side of Bordersville. Students had previously attended the Pleasant Grove School.
The school was destroyed by a fire in 1947. The Humble ISD administration worked with the administrators of District No. 29 to transfer all of the students to their schools.
In the school was never given a formal name. It was simply referred to as the Colored School, or the Negro School.