Welcome to the Park Lakes Clinic
**Humble ISD COVID-19 PROTOCOL**
If your child is experiencing any of the follwing symptoms, it is recommended that you keep them home or have them be seen by their physician or get tested for COVID-19:
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Nause or vomiting
If a student is sent home by the nurse for the above symptoms (outside of their normal presentation) they will need to follow the re-entry criteria listed below.
If a student develops symptoms at home that are not normal for them (including any FEVER greater than or equal to 100) and may be related to COVID, the student will stay home and follow the re-entry criteria below.
If student develops symptoms at home that are normal for them and you feel are NOT related to COVID, they may return to school using the regular return to school criteria. See page 92-95 of Student/Parent Handbook
Students may re-enter school when one of the following three options have been satisfied:
Option 1: 10 calendar days have passed since symptoms first started AND 24 hours fever free without the use of medications AND symptoms have significantly improved.
Option 2: Student is cleared by a medical professional with an alternate diagnosis ruling out COVID (ex. Asthma, Allergies, Strep etc.)
Option 3: Student tests negative for COVID-19
If your child will be absent for any reason, please call the absence reporting line and leave a message.
Absence Line: 281-641-3219 ~ Please leave a message with your student's name, grade, teacher and a deatiled reason for absence.Clinic Hours: 7:30 - 3:30MISSION
The mission of Humble ISD Health and Medical Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
We see our professional school nurses as:
- Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff and community
- Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
- Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
- Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
- Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice