Mrs. Mitchell believes in the power of reading! Every child deserves to choose what they want to read because that choice helps develop a lifelong love of literature. I believe books cultivate empathy, critical thinking, and happiness.As a teacher-librarian, I believe enthusiasm is contagious and that every student is a unique, amazing individual brimming with possibility and inherent potential. The school library is the heart of the community. Beyond books, the library is a 21st century future-ready classroom of innovation and literacy.
The mission of the Groves Elementary School library is to encourage a life-long love of reading and prepare students to be future ready learners by:
- Creating a welcoming, safe, and inclusive atmosphere for students, staff and community members.
- Cultivating a consciously curated, diverse, quality library collection that encourages students to voraciously read for pleasure and individual inquiry.
- Collaborating with teachers across the curriculum on learning objectives and lessons as a partner to the classroom.
- Teaching students how to effectively use and evaluate print and digital resources.
- Provide students and staff with opportunities to use and learn a wide variety of 21st century technology while establishing a collaborative environment in which to create and explore.
Susan K. MitchellLibrarianGroves Elementary Library281firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly library schedule
This year, every student comes to library once each week. Each class has a set day & time.
Click here to see the full image below & see when YOUR student(s) come to library.
You can help by making sure they return their library books on their set day.
Did you know that anyone who lives in Harris County can get a library card for free? There is even a digital library card which allows you to read not only books and magazines, but also allows you to listen to audiobooks and watch movies. *Children under 13 must have parent consent for the iKnow digital card.*
This is a great time to learn about how to access Ebooks on your devices at home.
Go to My Humble
Have students log in just like they would at school.
Click on the icon that looks like this: