MIDDLE SCHOOL TESTS
STAAR will include the following middle school assessments:
- 6th grade Mathematics and Reading
- 7th grade Mathematics, Reading and Writing
- 8th grade Mathematics, Reading, Social Studies and Science
- Students who are in Algebra I will be required to take the STAAR Algebra I EOC instead of the grade level STAAR mathematics assessment.
TEA established a four (4) hour time limit for the STAAR grades 3-8 assessments. TEA notes that a four-hour time limit should provide sufficient time for the majority of students to complete the test. Extra time may be offered to students who meet specific eligibility criteria.
STAAR™ Performance Standards
Students will score in one of the four categories below:
- Masters Grade Level
- Meets Grade Level
- Approaches Grade Level
- Does Not Meet Grade Level
SSI (Student Success Initiative)
How does STAAR™ affect promotion to the next grade level?