The Humble ISD Police Department Communications Division is the first point of contact for citizens in need of Police services. Telecommunicators answer all incoming emergency calls and non-emergency calls within the department, dispatching the appropriate Police, Fire, or EMS personnel for response, while updating and relaying information to emergency personnel via radio.Duties of Telecommunications Officers also include:
All Telecommunicators (Dispatchers) within the Communications Center are licensed through TCOLE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement).
- Operate TCIC/NCIC computer terminals for queries and data entry and deletion, as needed
- Citizen walk-in requests for service
- Receive, assist and direct walk-in complaints at the Department facility
- Operate and monitor cameras within the schools
- Operate Computer Aided Dispatch computer terminals.
- Answer telephones during emergency situations and receive pertinent information for immediate dissemination to police units in the field
- Dispatch police and other public safety personnel to emergency and non-emergency calls for service
- Closely monitor radio traffic in the event additional assistance is required by assigned field personnel
- Serve as the Department’s emergency communications link to other police agencies during critical situations
The Communications Division is responsible for monitoring weather alerts, news alerts and other emergencies that may be taking place within our community.
If you have an emergency, please contact 9-1-1
For non-emergency calls, please contact 281-641-7900
For anonymous tips, please contact our TIPS Line at 281-641-TIPS (8477)
Contact Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477)