AMS Award Criteria
Tom Matthews Award
- Selected by the industrial arts teacher, this student is a role model for others in class. (Named for a former AMS industrial arts teacher)
Berlin Award of Integrity
- These students demonstrate integrity in their daily lives, whether they are in class, at an extra-curricular activity, or out in the community.
American Legion Award
- Nominated and voted by their teachers, these students are excellent examples of being an American citizen. Their teachers have observed them applying the rules of good citizenship every day.
- Nominated by the teachers and chosen by the counselors, these students exhibit caring for their peers and others above and beyond (named for a former AMs counselor, Mrs. Saradel Hart)
Students of Character Award
- Nominated and voted by their peers, these students consistently exhibit the pillars of character: fairness, trustworthiness, responsibility, citizenship, caring, and respect for others.