Welcome To OFE! My name is Mia Phipps. I am your child's nurse! My goal is to provide a Healthy and Safe Learning Environment! Please read the following information.
*The Health Inventory, that you completed online, enables the school staff to understand and meet the special health needs of your child. Please be very thorough and list any and all current health issues and/or medications. Contact me as soon as possible if your child has been diagnosed with diabetes, asthma, seizures, food allergies or any other health issues that could affect them while at school. Communication is key to having a Healthy and Safe school!!!
*Food Allergy: ALL parents MUST complete a food allergy packet.
*ALL MEDICATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE CLINIC BY THE PARENT OR AN ADULT. NO CHILD IS ALLOWED TO BRING MEDICATION TO SCHOOL. All medication (prescription or nonprescription) must be supplied in their original containers and will be kept in the clinic. Prescription medication must have the label from the pharmacy with the child’s name, and will require a Humble Medication Form to be completed by the doctor. These forms, along with other helpful forms/information, are available on my website.
*Immunizations: All immunizations MUST be up to date for your child to attend an Humble ISD school. Please see me for specific requirements. Immunization requirements can vary from state to state.
As a Reminder, your child should be kept home, or will be sent home, if the following symptoms are found:
- Is or has been running a temperature of 100 degrees or above within the past 24 hours. You student should be fever free and without fever reducing medications for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Is vomiting
- Has evidence of Lice
- Eyes appear red or weeping
- Has a rash anywhere on their body.
Parents of KG, 1st & 2nd, please keep a change of clothes in your child’s backpack so we can take care of their needs without interrupting your day.
There are links to forms and other information on my website. If you have any questions, please call me at 281-641-2805.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact me via phone or email.
I am looking forward to a Happy and Healthy year here at Oak Forest Elementary!
Mia Phipps, R.N.,BSN
School Nurse Oak Forest Elementary
The mission of Humble ISD Health and Medical Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
We see our professional school nurses as:
- Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff and community
- Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
- Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
- Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
- Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice