Welcome Back Cubs!
The 2019-2020 school year is going to be CUBtastic!!! RCE is thrilled and excited to welcome Ms. Janina Allum as a new counselor to the administrative team here at RCE! She comes from Goose Creek ISD with four years of school counseling experience! As the "A Team" (Anthis & Allum), we will continue to build upon the sound program of guidance and counseling into the lives of our students here at Ridge Creek Elementary. Mr. Anthis will be the counselor for 1st, 3rd, and 5th grades. Ms. Allum will be the counselor for PreK, Kinder, 2nd, and 4th grades. We believe that whenever children feel good about themselves and their relationships with others, they are more successful in school. As a team with our students, teachers, administrators, and parents, we will continue to collaborate and build upon our culture of kindness and respect!
The RCE Counselors (aka "A Team") can help...
* Students develop a better understanding and acceptance of themselves
* Students cope with family changes
* Students develop decision making and problem solving skills
* Students develop socially and emotionally to mature in their relationships with others
* Students understand themselves in relation to their own development
* Students develop organizational and study skills
* Parents understand their children's emotions, behaviors, and learning styles
Michael Anthis, M.Ed
Counselor (1st, 3rd, 5th Grades)
Janina Allum, M.Ed
Counselor (Pre-K, KG, 2nd, 4th Grades)