Welcome to the Humble ISD Secondary Science Page!
The VISION of the Humble ISD Secondary Science Department is for ALL students to see and value themselves as scientists. We believe that students must DO science to learn science. We want to grow and inspire our emerging scientists to critically question, analyze, and evaluate information and claims, and to consider creative, thoughtful, and ethical solutions to issues and problems facing us today.
Our MISSION is to teach our emerging scientists to think critically as they develop conceptual understanding of important science ideas. Students will develop and connect their thinking and understanding to relevant, current events, issues, and phenomena by
- making observations about phenomena, nature, data, or the real world
- using tools of science, including rulers, balances, beakers, microscopes, etc
- asking questions based on observations or information from text, phenomena, models, and/or investigations
- defining problems based on observations or information from text, phenomena, models, and/or investigations
- making measurements and/or collecting data
- analyzing data in graphs, tables, infographics, etc
- creating models (through building, drawing, etc)
- interpreting and analyzing models (including diagrams, 3D models, etc)
- designing or critiquing experiments, including variables and/or procedures
- formulating explanations and conclusions using data and evidence
- engaging in respectful argumentation and discourse using evidence and scientific explanations
For additional teacher resources and information, visit bit.ly/Humble2ndSci