Daily Schedule:Lunch- 11:10-11:40Recess- 11:40-12:10Specials: 2:10-3:00Information for this week/coming up:Weekly/Daily Reminders:
- Your child should have a pair of headphones. They can keep this in their backpack or inside in my classroom.
- Bring a reusable water bottle, snack, and sweater (names on items) every day.
- I recommend a packed lunch on Wednesdays, since we eat in the class and the lunch lines can take a long time.
- Please try to bring back Take Home Readers every Monday.
- If I have items to send home, I will try to send it home on Mondays, including Math homework (instead of Tuesdays). This goes inside your child's blue take home folder. If your child lost his/her take home folder, please replace it (any color). Thank you!
Go Texan Day: This Friday, February 26th is Go Texan Day!Geocaching Club: Application form is due by 3 pm on Monday, 2/22. Participation in the club is limited. Members will be chosen randomly, and you will be notified by 8 am on 2/23 whether your child has a spot in the club. Groves 2nd graders are invited to join the newly-forming Geocaching Club! Geocaching is a great hobby for your family and a super way to get out in nature during this time of social distancing. If you are interested in more information or in completing the application, click this link.Take Home Readers: The book will be changed every Monday. I can switch it out Tuesday. Enjoy!
Math Homework: Will be sent home Tuesday. Optional and due by Friday!.Scholastic Book Orders: I will send home Scholastic book forms home as soon as I receive them for this month. Students love ordering books! Plus our class gets FREE books with every order! Click here to shop online using our class code: MYFJT.
Car Riders: Currently car rider dismissal starts at 3:10pm and ends PROMPTLY at 3:35pm. Please arrive accordingly for pick up.
Lunch Menu: February Lunch Menu
Birthday Ice Cream Form: If you would like to purchase ice cream tickets for your child's birthday for our class, this form must be filled out 2 weeks prior to the day and returned.
Specials this week:
Specials Monday Art Tuesday Tech Wednesday PE Thursday Libryary Friday Science
Science/Social Studies: Black History Month, Presidents Day
Math: Place Value into the 1000s
Reading/Writing: Poetry Unit!
Word Study/Patterns of Power/Handwriting: Continue cursive and word study