HOSA Twitter: @AtascocitaHOSA2020-2021 Student Officers: TBA!President:Vice-President:Secretary:Treasurer:Social Officers:Historians:Blood Drive Coordinator:Awareness Month Coordinator:2020-2021 AdvisorsBrittany BobbittAraceli FloresSara HansenBreanna MooreBridgette WargoletMaribel WilliamsPurpose
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.Mission
The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping the student meet the needs of the health care community.Goals
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
*Please email Sara Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.