Welcome to the GTE Health Clinic!
The mission of Humble ISD Health Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
We see our professional school nurses as:
- Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff, and community
- Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
- Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
- Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
- Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice
The most familiar job of the school nurse is to provide first aid and illness care for students during the school day. Listed below are just a few of the programs Humble ISD elementary school nurses are responsible for each school year.
Yearly Vision & Hearing Screening for K, 1st, 3rd & 5th grade, and as needed for other grades
Reviewing health inventories on all students and creating care plans and emergency action plans as needed
Diabetic Risk Assessment for students in K, 1st, 3rd & 5th grade
Scoliosis Screening for 5th grade girls
Health Education lessons in the classroom
Katy Wilson, BS, RN, NCSN
Clinic Hours: 7:30am- 3:30pm