Hello, my name is Charles Keith Godfrey. I am a native of Scotland and the UK, but have been in the US for 25 years. I have a background in Texas Education since 1999 and certified as a Texas Teacher in 2010. I am also a History Graduate of the University of Cambridge with History always being my primary interest. I look forward to working with your students and the rest of the Social Studies team to bring them successfully through this school year and have them well prepared for their entrance into 11th Grade next year.
Below you will find my class procedures and contact information. My Planning Period is 2nd Period.
Regards C. Keith Godfrey
REGULAR SCHEDULE - MONDAY, TUESDAY, FRIDAY.
1st Period - World History - 7.25 - 8.13
2nd Period - Planning - 8.20 - 9.07
3rd Period - World History - 9.14 - 10.04
4th Period - World History - 10.11 - 10.58
5th Period - World History -11.06 - 1.02
C Lunch - 12.02 - 12.30
6th Period - World History - 1.09 - 1.56
7th Period - World History - 2.03 - 2.50
BLOCK SCHEDULE DAYS - WEDNESDAY
1st Period - World History - 7.25 - 9.02
3rd Period - World History - 9.09 - 10.51
5th Period - World History - 10.59 - 12.59
C Lunch - 11.57 - 12.26
7th Period - World History - 1.06 - 2.50
BLOCK SCHEDULE - THURSDAY
2nd Period - Planning - 9.25 - 11.02
4th Period - World History - 11.10 - 1.06
C Lunch 12.06 -12.34
6th Period - 1.13 - 2.50
For all other daily schedules out of the norm (i.e. Pep Rally and non Block Day weeks) Please check the school web site or look for postings on the wall in my room.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MY CLASSROOM IS NOW AVAILABLE ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM
IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT WE HAVE DONE IN EITHER MY WORLD HISTORY CLASS PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING
USE YOUR SCHOOL E MAIL ADDRESS + PASSWORD TO LOG ON TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM (YOUR E MAIL IS YOUR FIRST NAME YOUR LAST NAME AND THE LAST 4 #S OF YOUR SCHOOL ID)
USE THE FOLLOWING CLASS ID #S FOR ACCESS TO EACH CLASS
WORLD HISTORY nep1gr
IF YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO DOWNLOAD THROUGH GOOGLE PLAY STORE OR THE APP STORE FOR I PHONES, THE FOLLOWING APPS FOR YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU TRY TO ACCESS.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM, GOOGLE DOCS AND GOOGLE DRIVE.
I WILL BE ATTEMPTING TO KEEP THIS UP TO DATE WITH UPCOMING INFORMATION AS WELL AND ALSO STARTING TO INCLUDE ASSIGNMENTS AS WELL.
Room 1206 -
House - Red II
Tel - 281-641-7612
Every student should come prepared for class from Day 1
- 3 Ring Binder, preferably 2". (To be kept in Classroom)
- Pack of 5 Dividers.
- Lined 3 hole College Paper.
- Pencils and Pen (Black or Blue ink)
All the above are available at Wallmart, Office Max, Office Depot, Costco etc. You can pick up 3 Ring Binders from Wallmart at the moment for .99c plus tax, along with all the above supplies.
CLASS INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES
TEXTBOOK - Spielvogel, Jackson J. World History - Class set will be provided - World History
- Class set will be provided - Economics
CLASS CONDUCT AND EXPECTATIONS
- Be Respectful - Be On Time - Be Prepared
- Be Polite and Always Use Appropriate Language.
- Show Respect to Your Peers and Instructors.
- Do Your Grooming Before or After Class... NOT IN IT.
- Have Your Conversations Before or After Class...NOT IN IT.
Saty Seated in Your Assigned Seats During the ENTIRE Class Period.
- Wait in Your Seat to be Dismissed by your Teacher....ALWAYS...
FOOD and DRINK
- None allowed in the classroom (except water). Youy will be directed to throw any in the trash.
Daily Grades (Formative) = 40%
Major Grades/Tests (Summative) = 60%
Please sign up for and check HAC regularly.
"A" = Absence.
"X" = Student missing work BUT has chance to make it up.
- After missinhg class, you are responsible for getting ALL makeup work. Best policy? COME TO CLASS!
- In the case that a student is absent on the day of a quiz/test, the student will make up the assignment the next day in class and should be prepared to do s. Once we have gone over the answers, you will be givena different version of the assignment.
- If you know you are going to be out, let me know ahead of time.
In accordance with campus policy, late work will receive the following grades:
1 Day Late = 80% Maximum Grade.
2 Days Late = 60% Maximum Grade
3 Days Late = 40% Maximum Grade
4 Days Late = 20% Maximum Grade
5 Days Late = 0%
- If you have been absent and return on the day of the quiz/test with an un-excused absence, you will be responsible for taking the test/quiz.
- If you are skipping my class, you will be given the oppurtunity to make up the work; however, it will only be for partial credit. Make sure that you clear all un-excused absences with attendance.
SCHOOL RELATED ABSENCES
- If you are going to be out due to a school related activity, pick up your work from me before you leave.
- If you will be missing an exam. you will have to make up the exam no more than TWO DAYS school days before or after.
- You will have one week from the time of scores are given to retake the exam/test.
- The average of two grades will be given.
Room 1206 - After school Mondays and Wednesdays and by appointment in mornings before school.
DON'T .....THE CONSEQUNCES ARE BAD!!!
- There will be designated times for students to use electronic devices in class. They will be announced.
- ANY USE FOR NON-EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES WILL LEAD TO - LOSS OF PRIVILEGES
- A CALL HOME
- A WRITE UP/IN CLASS REFERRAL.
Please note that I will not always go in this order. If you are committing an offense that warrents a trip to the office, you will go to the office.
C. Keith Godfrey
Conference Period - 2nd