The purpose of the summer reading assignment for AP US history is to bridge the gap from world history and preview two of our mini-units for the beginning of the year. Students will be accountable for the following within the first two weeks of school.
What do I need to do?
- Download and print the study guides for America: The Essential Learning Edition chapters 1-3 and use to help focus on the most important content from the chapter. These can be found in Unit 1 and 2.
- Read America: The Essential Learning Edition chapters 1-3 and take notes based on the study guides. You will receive your book at flight school or you can buy it used if you would liek your own copy.
- Read Portrait of America chapters 1-3 and answer the questions at the end of each chapter. These are PDFed and located under summer reading.
What will I need to have/ turn in within the first two weeks of school?
- You can use your notes for America: The Essential Learning Edition chapters 1-3 on quizzed. Notes will be checked weekly.
- You will turn in you questions for Portrait of America chapters 1-3 and will need to know the articles well enough to participate in Socratic Seminars.
APUSH will read Chapters 1-3 in the textbook and take notes. The chapter study guides are on my website under "Unit 1". You will also ready chapter 1-3 in Portrait of America. The PDF is under "Summer Reading". Answer the questions at the end of each chapter.