Welcome to the Pine Forest Health Clinic
Services provided by the nurse are:
- First aid
- Assessment of illness
- Monitoring ill students until they are well enough to return to class, or are released to their parent of guardian
- Administration of medication medically necessary during the school day. *see Medications Policy
- Creation and implementation of a plan of care for students with chronic illnesses
- Screening for problems in vision, hearing, posture, and other health problems relevant to the school population
- Evaluation of immunization status to ensure compliance with Texas law on immunizations
- Consultation and guidance in areas of medical concern by the student, parent, or teacher
- Referral and follow-up of students in whom health problems have been identified
- Prevention and control of communicable disease
Welcome Panthers! I am so excited to be spending another year at Pine Forest. I have been a nurse for 31 years and spent my early career in Oncology before making the change to School Nursing. I have now been a school nurse for 14 years. I spent 10 of those years at Friendswood Junior High and the last 4 here at Pine Forest. I am married to Jeff, the best husband ever and have 2 grown boys - Trenten and Jacob. We also have a dog named Jackie and a cat named Maggie. I enjoy cooking, hiking, reading and spending time out in the yard. We love living here in the Kingwood/Humble area.
Your child's health and well-being is important to us. If your child has ANY medical issues you did not include on the annual update at the start of school please call me as soon as possible.