Foreign Language Teacher and Department Head
French I and Spanish I
Supplies needed for Mrs. DeVault’s Class
- Blue or black pens (no pencils)
- Notebook paper (either wide or college ruled) – no spirals
- 3 ring binder
- Dividers for your binder (tab suggestions on rules sheet)
- Colored pen for corrections
- If you don’t have access to a smart phone - Approximately 1000 3x5 or 4x6 note cards (any color, lined, unlined) – You may want to buy these in bulk at the beginning of the school year. You will need approximately 100 with each chapter. Leave them at home until I tell you to bring them to class.
For the classroom:
A donation of white board markers (any color) would be greatly appreciated. We use them quite frequently.
Tutoring times = Wednesday and Friday during A lunch.
Don't forget that National Honor Society offers free tutoring in the KHS library on Wednesday evenings from 6 - 8p.m. This starts a few weeks after school has resumed.
Do you owe me a make-up test/quiz? Go to 4210 at the beginning of lunch with your ID.
To join my Google Classroom - See the information under Helpful Information. Be certain to sign up for your particular class period.
Students are expected to study 15 - 30 minutes daily. You will see what we've done on a daily basis on the "Calendar" tab. If you've forgotten to write your homework down (or were absent), you can look there for more information. I generally update this shortly after school each afternoon. You will also see when tests and quizzes are coming up. I post them on the date that they will take place.
Why should you learn French?
Check out some reasons on this website.