Welcome to the TMS Clinic
Welcome to the TMS Clinic and the 2020-2021 school year!!
I wanted to take a moment to reassure everyone that despite the current Covid-19 pandemic situation, the health and safety of our staff, students, and community remain one of our primary concerns.
Having said that, we have redesigned the nurse’s clinic this year. We have a “well student clinic” for healthy students requiring treatments such as first aid, injury care, and medication administration. We have added a separate ill student area for students who exhibit signs of contagious illness such as ‘flu’ or CoVid-19. Students will wait in the “ill student area” for their parents to pick them up if they are ill and must go home. A nurse or a staff member will walk the student out to the car or the sidewalk to meet the parent. It is preferred for the parents not to enter the school.
I would also like to reiterate the important role parents play in screening their students prior to sending them to school each day. The district requires that parents screen their students for the following signs of possible COVID infection. The symptoms list has been recently updated and may continue to change. These symptoms include:
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature of 100.0 degrees F or greater
- Chills and/or shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Fatigue (feeling very tired)
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Known close contact with someone who has tested positive for CoVid-19
If your student meets any of these criteria, please keep them home from school. Staff are also required to self-screen daily before coming to work.
Students and staff who have symptoms may return to work/school when the following criteria have been met:
Option 1: Student has met all 3 Re-Entry Criteria:
- At least 10 calendar days have passed since the first symptom appeared or if asymptomatic, 10 calendar days from date of the test AND
- Symptoms (listed above) have improved AND
- At least 24 hours since recovery such as no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medicines (i.e. acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), no diarrhea without medication, etc.
Option 2: Student is cleared by a medical professional with an alternate diagnosis (ex. Asthma, some other illness, etc.)
Option 3: Student provides proof of a negative test for COVID-19
I will be available for questions and concerns by email (Angela.Bauguss@Humbleisd.net) and phone (281-641-3805).
Mask up! Stay healthy!
Clinic Phone: 281-641-3805
Clinic Fax: 281-641-3980