Work hard, Play hard, WinWelcome to Ross Sterling Middle School boys athletics. We are looking forward to a great year! Please feel free to contact any of the coaches if you have any comments or questions.Athletic Physical
- Must be administered by a doctor and completed on the Humble ISD physical form. A physical completed on any other form will not be accepted. These forms may be picked up at the Humble ISD athletic office or at Ross Sterling Middle School during school hours. It is also located on the District Athletic website.
- Athletes will not be issued any athletic equipment or allowed to participate without a completed physical.
- The last day to obtain a physical for Football season is September 1st. After this date, students who have not received a physical and completed required paperwork will be removed from athletics.
The forms listed below must be completed online at RANK ONE SPORTS in order to participate in athletics. Your child will not be able to practice until the following forms are completed.
- UIL Concussion
- UIL Cardiac Arrest Form
- HISD Policy Signature Page
- Student Emergency Form
- Steroid Form Requirement
- Helmet Form Requirement
Practice Start Days
- Football will provide equipment (locker, t-shirts, shorts, helmets, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, pants) to 8th grade on Tuesday, Aug. 22nd from 4:00 - 6:00 pm and to 7th grade on Wednesday, Aug. 23rd from 4:00 - 6:00 pm. Note: Equipment will only be provided to athletes that have paid all PE/Athletic fines from previous year, as well as completed athletic physicals and rank one paperwork.
- All volleyball, football, basketball, soccer, and track athletes will be expected to pay a Towel Fee. This $15.00 fee will allow us to purchase laundry detergent in order to wash uniforms throughout the school year. Please note that no other Athletic fees will be required for uniforms therefore they should be returned by the end of the year. These fees may be paid on the day of equipment handout or parent meeting.
- Football equipment not provided: football cleats (shoes). The athlete will need to provide their own.
- Aug. 30th - 7th grade practice begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Aug. 30th - 8th grade practice begins after school until 5:00 p.m.
a. There will be a Volleyball and Football parent meeting Tuesday, Aug. 29th at 6:00 pm to establish relationships, discuss the athletic program, and to answer any questions or concerns regarding athletics.b. Follow us on Twitter @RSMSAthletics for updates and information.