Athletic Physical 2020-2021Bearcat Athletics
Work hard, Play hard, WinWelcome to Ross Sterling Middle School boys athletics. We are looking forward to a great year! Please feel free to contact any of the coaches if you have any comments or questions.Athletic PhysicalThe five items below pertain to incoming 7th and 8th graders that did not receive a physical last year. Returning 8th graders that obtained their physicals during their 7th grade year will not be required to get a new physical per the UIL exception for the 2020-2021 school year. However, Rank One forms will be required by ALL students participating in sports this upcoming school year.
- Must be administered by a doctor and completed on the Humble ISD physical form. A physical completed on any other form will not be accepted. These forms may be picked up at the Humble ISD athletic office or at Ross Sterling Middle School during school hours. It is also located on the District Athletic website.
- Athletes will not be issued any athletic equipment or allowed to participate without a completed physical.
- The last day to obtain a physical for Football season is August 29th. After this date, students who have not received a physical and completed required paperwork will be removed from athletics.
- Physicals can be scan and emailed to Coach Allbee firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 24th. We will need the original copy by Aug. 29th.
- DO NOT TURN IN PHYSICALS INTO THE OFFICE AT ROSS STERLING MIDDLE SCHOOL OR ANYONE OTHER THAN COACH ALLBEE.
The forms listed below must be completed online at RANK ONE SPORTS by Aug. 29th in order to participate in athletics . Your child will not be able to practice until the following forms are completed.
- UIL Concussion
- UIL Cardiac Arrest Form
- HISD Policy Signature Page
- Student Emergency Form
- Steroid Form Requirement
- Helmet Form Requirement
- Medical History....................Please note: If any ot the major questions are answered as yes on this form, the student athlete will need to see a doctor for clearance before participating in sports.
Practice Start Days:
- Football equipment (locker, t-shirts, shorts, helmets, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, pants) handout will begin on Aug. 25th during the Athletic period for all students that have completed athletic physicals and rank one paperwork.
- All cross country, volleyball, football, basketball, soccer, and track athletes will be required to pay a $20.00 athletic fee. These fees may be paid on the day of equipment handout or parent meeting.
- Football equipment not provided: football cleats (shoes). The athlete will need to provide their own.
- Sept. 8th - 7th grade practices start at 7:00 am.
- Sept. 8th - 8th grade practices after school until 5:00 p.m.
a. There will be a Football parent meeting on Thursday, Aug. 20th @ 6:00 pm to establish relationships, discuss the athletic program, and to answer any questions or concerns regarding athletics. I will email and post the zoom link in schoology on the Monday prior.b. Follow us on Twitter @RSMSAthletics for updates and information.