Welcome to the Clinic!
Please see the Helpful Documents page to print medication, allergy and asthma forms as needed. Paper forms are available for pick up from the nurse's office as well.New Cough Drop Policy is also on the Helpful Documents PageNotes from the Nurse
When to stay home from school:
- Has had a temperature of 100 degrees or more in the last 24 hours
- Students should be fever free for a full 24 hours, WITHOUT the use of fever-reducing medication, before returning to school in order to limit the spread of illness.
- Has any diarrhea and/or vomiting the night before, or the morning of school
- A persistent cough that would be disruptive to the learning of your own child and others
- A continually runny nose with white, green, or yellow mucus
- Evidence of lice
- Eyes that appear red and weeping
- A rash of unknown cause anywhere on the body
**Please be sure to call the absence line at 281-641-2019 the morning of the absence and send a note with the child on the day they return indicating the dates missed and the reason for the absence.**
If your child needs medication at school:
- IT MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE CLINIC BY THE PARENT OR ANOTHER ADULT PER DISTRICT POLICY.
All medication (prescription & non-prescription) must be supplied in their original containers and will be kept in the clinic.
- Prescription medication must have the pharmacy label with the child’s name, and will require a doctor’s signature on the medication form. Forms are available in the clinic and online on the nurse’s school webpage.
Even big kids sometimes need a change of clothes:
- Please make sure a change of clean, dress code appropriate and weather appropriate clothes is kept in your child’s backpack at all times.
- In the event that your child needs clothes at school for reasons including but not limited to restroom accidents, dress code violations, large food spills or mud puddles you will be called to provide clean items for your child if no clothes can be found in their backpack.
- Due to the large size of our school and the inability to wash and dry clothing at school, no clothing will be kept in the school clinic unless arrangements are made with the nurse on an individual basis.
What the nurse needs to know:
- First and foremost, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO UPDATE THE HEALTH INVENTORY WITH THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION WHEN DOING THE ANNUAL ENROLLMENT OR UPDATE ONLINE!
- Please keep the school nurse aware of any conditions (medical, psychological, emotional, or behavioral) involving your child.
- This includes but is not limited to Medication taken regularly at home or changes to medication already reported, fractures, casts, crutches, stitches, splints, cardiac (heart) monitors being worn during the school day, contagious conditions you are aware of, and results/follow-up of any testing or doctor visits.
I LOOK FORWARD TO A HAPPY, HEALTHY YEAR AT TIMBERS ELEMENTARY!