Healthy Students make Better Learners!
Clinic Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Health & Medical Services in Humble ISD
The Humble ISD Health Services Department is aligned with the Accelerated Learning Department to provide school health services to all students. Every campus is staffed with a Registered Nurse and services include direct student services; required screenings; health instruction; case management for students with chronic illnesses; and consultation with parents concerning student health problems. Nurses also monitor compliance with the immunization requirements of the Texas Department of State Health Services as well as communicable disease surveillance.
School clinics are staffed daily with a nurse or substitute nurse employed by Humble ISD. Services provided by the nurse are:
- First aid
- Assessment of illness
- Monitoring ill students until they are well enough to return to class, or are released to their parent of guardian
- Administration of medication medically necessary during the school day. *see Medications Policy
- Creation and implementation of a plan of care for students with chronic illnesses
- Screening for problems in vision, hearing, posture, and other health problems relevant to the school population
- Evaluation of immunization status to ensure compliance with Texas law on immunizations
- Consultation and guidance in areas of medical concern by the student, parent, or teacher
- Referral and follow-up of students in whom health problems have been identified
- Prevention and control of communicable disease
As per district policy, temperature above 100 degrees, vomiting, or diarrhea, require the student to stay home from school until symptom free without medication for 24 hours.